The Maritime University of Szczecin has obtained almost 2 million zlotys for work placements for first-cycle students as a part of the project TIME FOR WORK PLACEMENT II. The project will be carried out in the period from January 2018 to September 2019. Already in spring 2018, students from 5 fields of study at the Faculty of Economics and Engineering of Transport and the Faculty of Navigation who are now in the last semester of their first-cycle studies will be able to obtain this support.
The project is intended for 146 students of first-cycle studies of the Faculty of Economics and Engineering of Transport and the Faculty of Navigation studying in the following fields: Transport, Management and Production Engineering, Logistics as well as Geodesy and Cartography. The aim is to improve professional competences of the students participating in the project and, as a consequence, to boost their chances of getting a job in line with their education profile.
Work placements will last 4 months, i.e. 480h with a weekly minimum of 20h.
Detailed information about the target group is presented below (project data binding for 01.03.2017):
STUDENTS CURRENTLY STUDYING IN THE 7TH SEMESTER (1st edition - 73 people) - work placements in the period 04-08.2018
- TRANSPORT (FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND TRANSPORT ENGINEERING) - 12 people out of 40 - 30.0%
- LOGISTICS - 33 people out of 110 - 30.0%
- MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING - 9 people out of 28 - 32.1%
- TRANSPORT (FACULTY OF NAVIGATION) - 4 people out of 13 - 30.8%
- GEODESY AND CARTOGRAPHY (specialisation: Geoinformatics) - 15 people out of 48 - 31.3%
STUDENTS CURRENTLY STUDYING IN THE 5TH SEMESTER (2nd edition - 73 people) - work placements in the period 04-08.2019
- TRANSPORT (FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND TRANSPORT ENGINEERING) - 9 people out of 29 - 31.0%
- LOGISTICS - 38 people out of 124 - 30.6%
- MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING - 7 people out of 23 - 30.4%
- TRANSPORT (FACULTY OF NAVIGATION) - 5 people out of 16 - 31.3%
- GEODESY AND CARTOGRAPHY (specialisation: Geoinformatics) - 14 people out of 46 - 30.4%
The agreements with students will be signed in the last term of studies.
The students will be entitled to a scholarship in the amount of PLN 2160 gross monthly, reimbursement of the cost of medical examination (if necessary) in the amount of PLN 78 gross per person and accident insurance. In addition, trainees living more than 50 km from the place of work will receive a refund of their journey costs in the total amount of PLN 90 per person and accommodation costs of up to PLN 1100 monthly per person.
Each trainee will have a supervisor in the company. Recruitment for the project will start in January 2018 and all interested students will be informed about it (e.g. on the MUS website).
The ranking list of all applications which have received financial support is available on the NCBIR website.